Saturday, September 20, 2008

Las Vegas' sure Bette!

First of all, my apologies for taking so long to share this experience.

On July 1st, my husband and I had the opportunity to witness one of the coolest women in show business. She is a petite (at 5' 1"), with red hair and looks incredibly feminine while having the mouth of a salior. Her personality makes everyone smile while her singing makes your heart melt. If you aren't sure by now or if my blog title didn't give it away, it's Bette Midler.

Bette is currently sharing time with Cher at the Colosseum at Caesar's Palace. The Colosseum is as huge as it sounds, however, nothing is too large for Bette. This pint sized beauty worked the stage with her signature strut, had about 18 back up dancers (15 of which she called the Caesar salad girls) and a full band. She brought her full act including witty, old-school jokes and her always beautiful voice. I can never listen to "The Rose" without getting a little mushy, gushy.

Is it worth the large ticket price? Heck yeah! I have no problems spending my money to see this legendary performer who has skills, comedic talent and well, talent in general. After a performance like this one, you can honestly hear people saying, Celine who?

No comments: